- Sterling Volunteer Fire Company
- For current road conditions, call 511 or 511Virginia.org
- Report road problems: 1-800-FOR-ROADS (367-7623)
- For statewide info: www.VAemergency.gov
- 2-1-1 Virginia is serving as the public inquiry number for Virginia
- #77 on a cell phone to report a traffic crash or traffic emergency
- Loudoun County Sheriff non-emergency number: 703-777-1021
- Prince William County Police non-emergency number: 703-792-6500
- Loudoun Water: 571 291 7878
- Washington Gas: 703 750 1400
Report Power Outages
- Dominion Power 1-866-DOM-HELP (866-366-4357)
- NOVEC: 1-888-335-0500
- PEPCO 1-877-PEPCO-62 (877-737-2662)
Some Safety Tips
- Visit www.ReadyVirginia.gov
- Use flashlights for emergency lighting instead of candles.
- Unplug electrical equipment until a steady power supply returns.
- Practice proper generator and surface heater safety.
- Leave one light turned on so you know when power is restored.
- Eliminate unnecessary travel, especially by car. Traffic signals will stop
working during an outage, creating traffic congestion.
- If you come upon a
non-working traffic signal, treat each traffic light as a four-way stop,
with the driver on the right having the right-of-way.
- Proceed with caution only when traffic permits and enter intersections only when it is safe
to do so, using your turn signals to let other motorists know your intentions.
- If traffic lights are on flash, treat a flashing red as a stop (treat it
like a stop sign). For flashing yellow, proceed with caution.