[Rt7study] thoughts

to advocate for cardinal glen's continued access to rt7 rt7study at cardinalglen.org
Thu Jan 27 15:19:18 EST 2022

Debbied, you have some good points.  I have three other points to add to
our discussion where we can make some "noise".

Loudoun county failure to include affected communities in planning
discussion: neighborhood HOA's, Baha'i church, NVCC Loudoun campus.  This
point appears to add credence, as Mr. Saines said, "this is a done deal".
Has the County answered whey they did not reach out first to the
communities for their input before doing design work?

Impact on sterling traffic congestion and accidents.  The Loudoun county
redistricting maps indicate that our area of Sterling is the densest
outside of Leesburg itself.  These interim traffic light changes will only
add to this congestion and decrease safety, not improve it.  Was the true
reason for these traffic light changes just to allow people who live
farther out in Loudoun county to get home quicker?

Beta testing.  I gathered from our discussion with the county that they
have not analysed the real impact of these traffic light changes.  Maybe we
can look at each of the traffic light changes and brainstorm how traffic
flow will change and what will be the real impact.

Bob Powers
200 Cardinal Glen Circle

Why increase "thruput" on rt 7?  If you look at the 3 revised
redistring maps for Loudoun county