[Rt7study] Bahá’í letter to supervisor saines

to advocate for cardinal glen's continued access to rt7 rt7study at cardinalglen.org
Tue Feb 8 18:58:39 EST 2022

Dear Mr. Saines,

On behalf of your Bahá’í constituents in your district as well as the
over 600 Bahá’ís residing in Loudoun County and the additional few
thousands across the region (in addition to the many visitors and
guests) who congregate and attend events at the Northern Virginia
Bahá’í Center, we express our concerns about the proposed removal of
the RT. 7 traffic lights at Cardinal Glen.

We support and are appreciative of the Loudoun BOS’s efforts over the
past years to improve both the flow and safety of travelling on RT. 7
and especially the major changes that have been made between RT. 28
and Leesburg as well as the left turn lane that was modified at the
traffic light on RT. 7 not that long ago and, based on these many
improvements, understand the intentions of studying potential
improvements to RT. 7 through the Sterling and Algonkian districts.

Our concerns are focused specifically on proposed plans to remove the
traffic light at Cardinal Glen and the effect it will have on those
congregating and attending events at the Bahá’í Center if there is
only a right in and right out turn access to and from RT. 7.

We are especially concerned about the significant safety risks and
inconvenience that may occur should the fully functioning traffic
light be removed.  This is most troubling to us as we host events
(e.g., Holy Day Celebrations, Interfaith events, funerals, etc.) which
often result in 100 or more vehicles exiting the Bahá’í Center in
close proximity and needing to access RT. 7 in both directions.

Along with our neighbors, the Cardinal Glen Homeowners Association and
its members, we ask for your support in ensuring that this fully
functioning traffic light continues to serve Cardinal Glen providing
safe and convenient access to RT. 7 in both directions.

Sincerely,

SPIRITUAL ASSEMBLY OF THE BAHA’I’S OF LOUDOUN COUNTY
Esfandiar Aghdassi, Secretary