[Rt7study] Rt 7 traffic pattern changes

rt7study at cardinalglen.org rt7study at cardinalglen.org
Mon Nov 8 09:22:27 EST 2021

Good questions Bob.  We will need to organize our opposition around
questions like this.

Some things that I have thought about (sorry if some of you have heard this
before):

What is the impact to the response time for emergency vehicles to residents
of Cardinal Glen?

What is the impact to traffic when a significant event finishes at the
Baha'i center?

Has there been a study of the effects of underpowered vehicles pulling out
into 40 - 50 mile per hour traffic from a stop sign?

Has anyone done a study to determine if a bypass is possible for Sterling?
Algonkian parkway seems like a possibility.

Would it be possible to construct elevated roadways for through traffic in
the Sterling area?  Other similar possibilities would be service roads to
handle the turning traffic.  How about reversible lanes for rush hour?  The
median is quite wide through this area.  Additional lanes should be
possible with a jersey barrier between the east and west traffic on rt. 7.

That's all for now.  I'm glad to see so many people interested in this
issue.

Jim  105  CGC